Sunday, January 5, 2014

Home

Today we stayed home.


Bob’s thoughts:

Whenever we have a Sunday when one or both of us are not well enough to leave the house, I am reminded of a young mother at a church where we used to belong. We were deeply involved and knew everyone. Occasionally this woman would not be in church and I always assumed with young children that she had a host of reasons.

I will always remember my surprise when I mentioned noticing she had not been there and that I hoped all was well with her children, and I was told she had been in Japan that week and a few weeks earlier she was in China. Her job as a representative for a medical equipment company took her all over the world.

This taught me a lesson about making assumptions about the people we only know in one context. It also made me realize that she needed ministered to as much a stay-at-home mom. It helped me to be a more attentive and caring church member and develop many warm relationships.


Our prayer for Your church:

Lord, we pray You open our eyes and hearts to those around us. Help us all to be better servants that You would be glorified. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: