Sunday, June 21, 2015

Crossroads Church

Today we worshiped at Crossroads Church Cranberry, 707 Thomson Park Drive, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066, www.crossroadsumc.org, Mike Arnold, Campus Pastor.


Scripture – Revelation 3:14-22

“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen—the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s new creation:

“I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. So I advise you to buy gold from me—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.

“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.”


Bob’s thoughts:

We went to Church in the Park to celebrate Father’s Day with our daughter and her family as well as to celebrate her youngest girl’s 2nd birthday. It was an interesting endeavor, sort of like the old revival meetings outdoors. Everyone seemed to have a great time, especially the children.

The sermon was based on the portion of Revelation dealing with lukewarm faith. This is an area we all probably struggle with more than we are willing to admit. It is much easier to feel good with the elation of worship than loving those He calls us to care for.


Jan’s thoughts:

Our grandchildren invited us to attend their church today for Church in the Park and the picnic afterward, so of course we accepted.

We arrived a bit late. Additional directional signage would have been helpful as the only sign we saw for the service was immediately outside the pavilion.

All in all, it was a pleasant day for an outdoor service, there was plenty of seating, the music was easy to hear and good volume, and obviously numerous people had put in many hours to make this happen.

The message was part 3 of a series on the book of Revelation. Although I was unable to take many notes, there were two statements that caught my ear that I did write down:
1 – Self-sufficiency shuts out Jesus, and
2 – A quote from Tim Keller: We are more sinful and more loved than we can imagine.

An appropriate and comforting thought for Father’s Day.

The picnic began immediately, and a fun time was had by all. Thanks to this church for their hospitality.


Our prayer for this church:
Heavenly Father, we pray You open our eyes to those You call us to serve and may we serve with exhilaration. Amen.

No comments: