Sunday, April 10, 2016

Word Alive Church

Today we worshiped at Word Alive Church, 124 Scenic Hill Blvd., Ellwood City, PA 16117, 724.752.9575, www.wordalivechurch.info, Senior Pastor Cliff Reynolds.


Scripture – KJV

Psalm 34:11 –
Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Proverbs 19:23 –
The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.


Bob’s thoughts:

After a pleasant drive through an area I haven’t been to in a few years, we arrived in good time for worship. I thought I noticed frustration from one of the parking guides whom I didn’t see till we had already pulled into a spot. With such a large area, a visitor would have to see the attendant to know where to park.

Once inside, we were greeted and the restrooms and coffee were pointed out. I did not encounter any other Marines but I was thanked for my service.

I enjoyed the praise worship, especially one woman who sang a solo intro…I liked her voice and the fact that she smiled. I found it impossible to sing along as the words on the screen were seldom what was being sung at the time.

The message was laid out in three sentences on a handout and the pastor quoted many Scripture verses to support this summary. A descriptive line I liked: “Fear is a wholesome dread of displeasing God.” And another, used in addressing a demonic presence, “The Blood of Jesus is against you.”

We appreciated the opportunity to visit with the pastor and a few others after the service.


Jan’s thoughts:

We had the pleasure of worshiping with our son today and we were greeted almost continually from the time we stepped through the door until the time we left. One of the first ladies to greet us gave us a welcome packet and pointed out the coffee which we drank standing at the tables.

The building looks fairly new and is attractively laid out and decorated. Entering the sanctuary revealed a striking lit glass cross centered above the platform and flanked by matching pillars.

The bulletin presented numerous opportunities for worship and fellowship and an announcement indicated an active youth program.

The songs were new to me, but I enjoyed listening and the volume was perfect.

In the message, entitled “Reverence Brings Power,” the pastor taught that 1 – we must reverence God and His Word; 2 – Our nation needs to return to the fear of God; 3 – Reverence for God must include reverence for the Blood of Jesus. In other words, we are to honor God, His Word, and His Blood.

He advised that when we find ourselves in the midst of spiritual warfare, we should shout, “Satan, the Blood of Jesus is against you!”

He also quoted Billy Graham has having said that if you make much of the Blood, the Blood will make much of you.

This message will continue to be food for thought for me.


Our prayer for this church:
Father, we pray this congregation grows in their reverence for You, a healthy fear of God, and reverence for the Blood of Christ. Amen.

No comments: