Sunday, April 1, 2018

Crossroads Church - Cranberry

Today we worshiped at Crossroads Church Cranberry, 533 Peters Road, Cranberry Township, PA 16066, 412.494.9999, www.crossroadsumc.org, Mike Arnold, Campus Pastor.


Scripture – Matthew 28:1-10 NIV

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”


Bob’s thoughts:

We were blessed to be able to worship on Good Friday and Easter with some of our family and I’m always surprised how they have grown in many ways. A lot of thought and planning goes into the worship service and we were glad to be part of it.

The pastor relayed a personal story about accidentally being locked out as young married couple. The closest I could come up with was when the door I went out locked behind me and I had to walk around to another one. When I was starting my business, I had a lot of different people who might need to get something from my house. It seemed silly to give them all keys, so I hung one on a short chain next to the lock. I still remember my mother asking if I had locked the basement door, to which I always replied in the affirmative.

When God redeemed me after 50 years, I wondered why He waited so long, patiently waiting for me to come to Him. It finally became clear that He knew I would not ask directions. The prompts from my wife and children made sense way too late, but when He claimed me I was totally and completely overwhelmed. Thank God, it has been a rich and satisfying life. Many times I didn’t know where I would get the money for some need, but we never were without. A former minister and dear friend regularly uses me in his message as the most phenomenal change in a person coming to Christ. Proof that He can and will use you.


Jan’s thoughts:

It was a joy to worship with local family members today. We arrived early enough that I could visit with the grandkids and help style my granddaughters’ hair.

As always, the music was enthusiastic and the volume was perfect.

I appreciated the video of a recent mission trip to Florida. How can your eyes stay dry when you see barriers broken down in love and an eternal difference made? I was so happy for all involved.

This message was part one of a new series, Overcomer, and was geared toward hearts and minds that may be here only a couple of times per year. It told The Story, instructed on first steps toward a relationship with God, and urged a confidential response by each person as to the status of that relationship.

Resurrection Day blessings to all!


Our prayer for this church:
Father, we pray Your call is heard and welcomed and Your children find the rich and satisfying life You have promised. Amen.

No comments: