Monday, January 21, 2019

Home

We awoke to ice yesterday, and snow came soon after. By the time I had pushed my snowblower to clear a path through our driveway and then took care of our widowed neighbor, I was having trouble walking. That was about when the cautions I had been given about my hernia came back to me.

Sometimes church work can be like that: we volunteer for every opportunity that arises to serve without considering where our heart is and what we might be doing from other motives. It can be one of the devil’s tools, even in the church, where we can overburden ourselves and end up doing less than our best for Him while at the same time denying someone else the chance to serve.

May we take on work for Christ with a joyful heart but may we pray for discernment as to His call.

No comments: