Sunday, September 8, 2019

Crossroads Church

Today we worshiped at Crossroads Church, 8533 Peters Road, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066, 412.494.9999, www.xr.church, Mike Arnold, Campus Pastor.


Scripture – NIV

Matthew 28:19-20 –
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Acts 8:4 –
Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.

Ephesians 2:10 –
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


Bob’s thoughts:

After a week of questionable medical status, I was looking to put my health concerns aside and just worship God and thank Him for being alive. My daughter, who works on hearts, made the trip from North Carolina to get me past the diagnosis and prepare me for my new lifestyle. Unfortunately, her twin had to work today, but we were able to get all the grandchildren together in one place with our other daughter, son, and son-in-law in worship. This was part of God’s blessing and I cannot think of a more powerful medicine. To top it off, one of my beautiful granddaughters was serving as a greeter at the door.

We were greeted by a number of people I didn’t know, a very positive change. The pastor talked a little about the history of the church, that with their satellites they have grown to be the largest Methodist church in Pennsylvania. They have experienced growth at this location and have demolished a house and are moving dirt around to increase the parking area. My grands thought it great when I referred to the construction equipment as toys in the sandbox and suggested maybe we could play after the service.

I’ll freely admit I was somewhat distracted by some of the mini members of this church, but God got His message through to me anyway. As I become less and less physically capable, God still has important things for me to do. His new vision for my life does not require the same strengths as in the past. My prayer life has grown substantially and when I reflect on it, some of the true prayer warriors I’ve known couldn’t do a lot else. Maybe He is raising me to my new life.


Jan’s thoughts:

With out-of-town family here for a visit, our family took the opportunity for most of us to worship together. We managed to get photos of all nine grandchildren together on this Grandparent’s Day.

Something is different every time we worship here, and today the building that had been in front of the church is no longer there. Due to increasing attendance, plans are in place to expand the parking lot, which is great news for everyone.

In today’s message, Taking it Personally, Pastor Mike outlined in detail the four eras of Crossroads’ vision and told how these goal-setting visions have served to grow Crossroads into a church with five campuses and turn it into the largest Methodist church in Pennsylvania.

Then he moved to the topic of personal goals. He said the key to avoiding the regret of wasted time was helping others and stated God has made each of us with intention to do something important. Each person is uniquely crafted by God to make a positive impact, and our opportunity is waiting.

I would only add: in God’s good time, as some of us bloom earlier and some later. I found great encouragement in this message and I was glad we were here.


Our prayer for this church:
Lord, we pray our eyes are open to our new call from You. May our hunger to serve overcome our fears. Amen.

No comments: