Monday, April 18, 2011

Fountain Park Church

Today we worshiped at Fountain Park Church, 8533 Peters Road, Cranberry Twp., PA 16066, 724.779.2003, www.fountainpc.org, R. Mark Plumb, Pastor.

Bob’s thoughts:

At times I think about a church home and question our call of visitation. God reminds me of His call. We get letters of appreciation from pastors and churches, in His perfect timing we are used by God some way, and we are led to witness a God moment in a believer’s life.

Sunday was one of those moments. We worshiped at Fountain Park where we were later to host a baby shower for our daughter. Fountain Park is their home church and a place where I feel Christ’s presence.

Beyond the celebration of Palm Sunday, there was Baptism and Reception of New Members. The statements of faith from these youthful celebrants assured me the church will go forward in Christ.

It was a joy to know my prayers for Mark and the church were heard and welcomed.


Jan’s thoughts:

As the baby shower for our daughter and son-in-law and their twins was held here, we opted to worship here also.

We’ve blogged about previous visits to this church, so today I’d like to publicly thank the women of Fountain Park who both participated in and worked to help make this event the expression of love and support that it was.

We as parents are richly blessed to know that our family have been given a church family that cares so much about them and their children. They have been embraced by the prayers of this church from the start.

Mark’s sermon was part 4 of 5 of a series entitled “My Life…His Way,” and it made me wish I had heard the other parts. His approach is faithful and his delivery honest, with a touch of humor.

I was grateful for this church and delighted to be here.

No comments: